Power Electronics Engineer (m/f/d), Hamburg
Airbus Group - Airbus Defence & Space
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Be involved in the development of design solutions in the Cabin and Cargo area for power systems (equipment and system level)
- Support advanced studies to answer program requests and needs
- Be involved in in-service issues resolution (e.g. consumer power disruptions, rejection of new cabin options due to power budget), and qualification deviations
- Ensure specification, design, qualification and certification of Cabin Power Systems / Sub-Systems / Equipment considering: Safety, Quality, Systems Performance, Cost, Environmental, Operational and Industrial Requirements.
- Create Design Office technical documentation
- De-risk future technologies through R&T Proof of Concept to prepare future Airbus platforms.
- Secure and transfer lessons learned from legacy to new developments
- Represent Cabin and Cargo power consumer needs/specificities in the Power community at Airbus
- Foster the development of innovative solutions in-line with Airbus needs, e.g. High current & High voltage components
- Ensure the compliance of designs against requirements in accordance to the airworthiness regulations
- Be involved in Standardization activities
- Built and keep a strong link to eXperts and specialists inside Airbus
- Ensure configuration management incl. equipment steering
Your educational background
- You are skilled in the field of electricity. Having a university degree in Engineering in electrical engineering or physics or similar educations
- Strong electrical and physical understanding Understanding of physics between the component design and it’s electrical properties
- You have knowledge on smart and digital power controls (e.g. SSPC) technology and its development
Your hard skills and qualifications
- You have experience in creation and reviewing of electrical equipment (power electronics, electronics and software), holding this experience in aeronautical area would be a plus
- You bring experience in detailed design data incl. electronic schematics.
- Strong electrical system installation architecture & constraints understanding
- Knowledge about manufacturing methods for electrical equipment
- Knowledge of data transmission protocols (including frequency, impedance, signal loss, …)
- High voltage effects on components design, and high voltage phenomena (arc-tracking, partial discharge, triple points, …).
- Knowledge of environmental components performance (EMI, fluid resistance, fire, corrosion, vibration…) and associated test methods.
- MSBE (Model Based System Engineering) experience (Modeling & Simulation) is a plus
As a person, you bring:
- the desire to continuously learn and evolve personally and technically
- a solution oriented way of working and anticipation mindset
- a team spirit to continuously strengthen the transnational mindset and exchange
- ability to manage many topics in parallel
- some good communication skills Drive and coordinate with our many interfaces
- This role will involve some travels for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Challenging tasks and unique high tech products and services
- Good work-life balance in a big international company
- Flexible working hours and working time compensation
- Compatibility of family AND career
- Attractive salary
- Company pension and much more
Offer archived at 28/10/2022